I would like to apply for a UK permanent residency status


Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported .


Hello, I an an EEA national. I would like to apply for a UK permanent residency status. I have been working in the UK since June 2011 but have had gaps in employment during this period – would this disqualify me from applying? Many thanks for your help!

closed 0
Coupon 1 Answer 815 views

About the Author

Frantz is Head of Immigration at Gregory & Co Lawyers. He has a wealth of experience in dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law. Frantz is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives and has been working in and around Immigration & Asylum Law since 2010. Frantz is the first CILEx Lawyer in the UK to be awarded CILEx Immigration Practitioner rights.

Answer ( 1 )

  1. Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported .



    Ok that piece of relevant information was missing from your question. I assumed you weren’t an EEA national because people who are tend to say it at the start of their question.

    So as an EEA national applying for permanent residency, continuity of residence is not broken by periods of absence from the UK for 6 months or less per year, or one absence not exceeding 12 months with reasonable excuse such as serious illness, study, or overseas posting.

    The guidance coming out of the Home Office is to refuse an application from a self sufficient person if they do not provide evidence of comprehensive sickness insurance cover (CSIC). CSIC must also cover their family members.

    I hope this helps clarify the situation and I am sorry this doesn’t really help your situation.

Leave an answer