My son’s leave to remain application was refused


Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported .


My son’s leave to remain application was refused and his human rights claim was also refused. The immigration are asking him to leave the UK and has no right of appeal.

We want to appeal against there decision, but we do not know which kind of appeal we can use.
I saw a solicitor today and he advised us do a judicial review application, but I do not have any idea how this system works.

closed 0
Coupon 1 Answer 949 views

About the Author

Frantz is Head of Immigration at Gregory & Co Lawyers. He has a wealth of experience in dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law. Frantz is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives and has been working in and around Immigration & Asylum Law since 2010. Frantz is the first CILEx Lawyer in the UK to be awarded CILEx Immigration Practitioner rights.

Answer ( 1 )

  1. Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported .



    Thank you for your enquiry.

    I am sorry you have had to wait this long for an answer to your question. I have only just seen your question.

    If your son made a human rights claim, he should have access to the appeals system. If you have already seen a solicitor and he/she has advised you that a judicial review application is the most appropriate cause of action then that is what you should consider. Your solicitor also has a duty to explain how the process works if you wish to proceed with an application.

    Here at JV we do not give legal advice and certainly any independent legal advice you receive outside of JV has more weight than the answers we give on JV.

    If you are looking for a second opinion on your case, you could ring the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner, they will assist you in finding an appropriate adviser in your area.

    I hope this helps you in some way.

    I wish you all the best.

Leave an answer