We (UK national and Zambian national) are to be married and we would like advice on immigration for myself and my 2 daughters (8 and 11).


Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported .


My partner (UK citizen) and myself (Zambian citizen) are to be married shortly. We have received confirmation from the Home Office that we can wed as soon as the 28 day notice expires on 14th July. I am currently in the UK on a six month multiple entry visitor visa expiring 29th August. I have 2 daughters in Zambia. We wish to investigate applying for a spousal visa for myself and my two children as dependents. This may take place immediately or after a 3 years’ study in continental Europe as I shall likely be completing a degree before settling with my future husband in the UK.

closed 0
Coupon 1 Answer 614 views

About the Author

Answer ( 1 )

  1. Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported .


    Thank you for your enquiry.
    Unfortunately the Home Office does not give approval or confirmation for a marriage to take place.

    Furthermore as your partner is in the UK on a general visitors visa, the conditions of her visa does not allow her to get married or give notice of marriage in the UK. If you need further assistance please contact frantz@gregorylawyers.co.uk

Leave an answer